Ambient lighting can completely transform your wedding venue, as dusk falls, beautifully chosen lighting can create a romantic whimsical atmosphere at your wedding reception. For a minimalistic look, strings of festoon lighting across your reception or line a single pathway with elegant lanterns. For a more dramatic, enchanted look why not drape festoon lighting above your reception tables, creating a canopy of lights or create a focal point by wrapping them around poles or a beautiful tree. Also consider making a bold statement with more unconventional lighting fixtures such as using dramatic sculptural lights or Edison bulbs
The layout of your reception site can determine how you’re going to use lighting techniques. We’re lucky enough to work with suppliers that know the ins and outs of a vast majority of our venues.
Work with your lighting designer to determine which type of lighting fits your budget.
Be creative with your lighting ideas, anything is possible! Here are some ideas you may consider:
- Discuss your ideas with your planner, not all options work for every venue. However, our team will do all they can to try to make your dream come to life.
- Pendant lighting or Edison bulbs above the tables are a great way to light up your reception venue. You can always involve some hanging flowers or decorative items to accompany the lighting.
- Using lighting in your centrepieces can brighten up your tables. But don’t forget they will need power. Candles are always a beautiful option for the tables.
- Curtain Lights can create a beautiful backdrop for photo spots and/or behind your cake table or bridal table.
- Decorative lighting can have a huge effect and can be that special touch needed to create that romantic, dreamy atmosphere. Light-up giant letters look great anywhere, especially in your wedding photos. Or, an outdoor chandelier might just be the final touch needed to really make your night amazing.
We’ve put together some images of great ideas for indoor and out-door lighting:
Fairy Light Ceiling
Edison Bulbs Lighting Above Tables
Edison Bulbs in Planter Boxes
Spider-Web Festoon Lighting
White Paper Lanterns
LOVE Sign Lights
BAR Sign Lights
**Lighting by Byron Audio